WideOrbit COVID-19 Corporate Response
COVID-19 Preparedness Summary
As the COVID-19 situation continues to change rapidly, we want to assure our clients that WideOrbit is prepared to continue 24/7/365 operations, even as the challenges presented by COVID-19 increase. Below is an outline of the steps we are taking as a company to ensure uninterrupted support for your organization.
WideOrbit COVID-19 Operational Response
WideOrbit is taking the following steps to help protect our employees and ensure our business operations are not compromised in any way by COVID-19.
- Management and IT staff have put measures in place to ensure all staff have secure, remote access to the systems they require to work from home. All WideOrbit offices are technically open, supporting our clients as essential services, but they are operating with zero or near zero in-person staff, complying with recommended social/physical distancing.
- We are monitoring CDC updates daily, evaluating their guidance and updating employees accordingly.
- WideOrbit maintains an active COVID-19 pandemic planning committee, which includes executive members from the following departments: Operations, IT, HR and Administration.
- WideOrbit is currently operating with no business travel.
- Our facilities teams in all offices are taking preventative measures to thoroughly clean and disinfect common areas multiple times per day, and supply sanitizing solutions and cleaners to keep offices and workspaces germ free.
- Our IT group has ensured employees have the information they need regarding:
- How to access our internal systems via web
- How to remotely access our VPN
IT Support Plan (on/off-site)
The following information outlines how WideOrbit will be able to host our clients and provide SaaS services during COVID-19.
- Our data centers are located in San Francisco, CA and Dallas, TX. We have an IT presence and redundancies in both locations, should there be a need to send someone to the colocation facilities. Remote support service offered by our data center providers have also been established.
- All WideOrbit IT environments are available remotely, independent of employees being onsite in WideOrbit offices.
- All connections to those environments are secured using multi-factor authentication VPN or through SSL backed online portals. In the event of a spike in connections, we have verified our WideOrbit VPN bandwidth to ensure all WideOrbit employees will be able to connect remotely if needed.
- WideOrbit utilizes a SaaS-based telephony system, which allows our employees remote access to their office phone lines and our support center.
Client Support and Implementation Plan (on/off-site)
- Remote Client Support: In the unlikely event that 100% of WideOrbit’s workforce must work remotely, we are confident there would be no project interruptions or delays as our infrastructure allows us to function at normal capacity.
- WideOrbit Product Support: We have verified that all support employees, including those who are not regular telecommuters are able to remotely connect to all systems necessary to provide uninterrupted support to all our clients.
- Implementation, and Professional Services: Respectful of government mandates and client policies, we are not currently providing on-site services. We are in continuous contact with clients that have existing or pending engagements (implementation or professional services) involving on-site activities and any cancelled on-site work, including implementation, training or assistance, will be completed remotely.
- Development: No development projects should be interrupted or delayed due to a remote working environment. We currently operate development from more than twenty locations.
- Telecommuting: All other Operational efforts have been confirmed to be viable for uninterrupted service through telecommuting.
- Remote User Access: Due to company-specific IT and network structures, end-users within your organization should contact their Local IT group to request remote access to their WideOrbit on-premise or cloud installation.
WideOrbit Senior Execs all have satellite phones in case of emergency when normal cell service is not functioning.
For support related issues on any/all WideOrbit products and services please follow our current support protocol and contact our Support Center at: 415-675-6775.