WideOrbit COVID-19 Corporate Response
Nearly 100% of WideOrbit clients operate 24/7/365 and WideOrbit has always supported them round the clock, regardless of hurricanes, fires, floods, earthquakes, ransomware, and now the coronavirus pandemic. As the COVID-19 situation continues to change rapidly, WideOrbit is prepared to continue 24/7/365 operations, even if the challenges presented by COVID-19 increase. Below is an outline of the steps we are taking as a company to ensure uninterrupted support our clients.
WideOrbit COVID-19 Operational Response
WideOrbit has taken the following steps to help protect our employees and ensure our business operations are not compromised by COVID-19.
- Management and IT staff have put measures in place to ensure all staff have secure, remote access to the systems they require to work from home. All WideOrbit offices are technically open, supporting our clients as essential services, but they are operating with zero or near zero in-person staff, complying with recommended social/physical distancing.
- We are monitoring CDC updates daily, evaluating their guidance and updating employees accordingly.
- WideOrbit maintains an active COVID-19 pandemic planning committee, which includes executive members from the following departments: Operations, IT, HR and Administration.
- WideOrbit is currently operating with no business travel.
- Our facilities teams in all offices are taking preventative measures to thoroughly clean and disinfect common areas multiple times per day, and supply sanitizing solutions and cleaners to keep offices and workspaces germ free.
IT Support Plan (on/off-site)
- Our data centers are located in San Francisco, CA and Dallas, TX. We have an IT presence and redundancies in both locations, should there be a need to send someone to the colocation facilities. Remote support service offered by our data center providers have also been established.
- All WideOrbit IT environments are available remotely, independent of employees being onsite in WideOrbit offices.
- All connections to those environments are secured using multi-factor authentication VPN or through SSL backed online portals. In the event of a spike in connections, we have verified our WideOrbit VPN bandwidth to ensure all WideOrbit employees will be able to connect remotely if needed.
- WideOrbit utilizes a SaaS-based telephony system, which allows our employees remote access to their office phone lines and our support center.
Client Support and Implementation Plan (on/off-site)
- Remote Client Support: WideOrbit has been operating continuously on a 100% remote basis for many weeks during COVID-19, without project interruptions or delays, as our remote infrastructure allows us to function at normal capacity.
- Implementation, and Professional Services: In normal operation, about 60-80% of implementation and professional services is accomplished remotely. Respectful of government mandates and client policies, we are not currently providing on-site services. We are in continuous contact with clients that have existing or pending engagements (implementation or professional services) involving on-site activities and any cancelled on-site work, including implementation, training or assistance, will be completed remotely. WideOrbit has been successfully bringing new clients live on a 100% remote basis.
- Development: No development projects should be interrupted or delayed due to a remote working environment. We normally operate development from more than twenty locations.
- Remote User Access: Due to company-specific IT and network structures, end-users within your organization should contact their Local IT group to request remote access to their WideOrbit on-premise or cloud installation.
WideOrbit Senior Execs all have satellite phones in case of emergency when normal cell service is not functioning.
For support related issues on any/all WideOrbit products and services please follow our current support protocol and contact our Support Center at: 415-675-6775.