New York, NY – 530 - Professional Srvcs
WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Tribune Media, Raycom Media, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
The national cable world moves quickly and when a network would like to implement our products, it needs a team that can help them get organized and design a system to meet their requirements. WideOrbit is looking for a talented Project Manager to consult with our clients and oversee large, complex implementation projects. Since our customers’ demands can be extremely varied and dynamic, the Project Manager will work closely and hands on with clients, educating them on various configurations and/or customization while maintaining their confidence in selecting the best software in the industry!
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Leads the planning and execution of large, complex development and implementation projects.
- Determines resource needs and collaborates with department managers to identify and manage client project team members’ responsibilities during the execution of the project.
- Communicates delivery timelines and milestones through Project Plans to all necessary departments.
- Partners with WideOrbit Department Managers, Project Teams, and Client Project Teams to ensure on-time deliverables, including delivery of General Acceptance software.
- Monitors and modifies Project Plans as necessary and communicates changes to WideOrbit and Client Project Teams.
- Manages and pinpoints changes in resources or budget resulting from project modifications and communicates internally.
- Manages internal, external, and cross-team communication and client relationship.
- Facilitates team and client meetings
- Holds regular status meetings with project team and WideOrbit management
- Escalates any concerns or risks to WideOrbit management
- Conducts regular status meetings with client team and committee meetings with client and WideOrbit executives
- Provides clients with progress reports and other project related reports
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, organized and accessible
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience managing and delivering large software or IT projects
- Ability to understand a client's business and their goals for the project. Ability to quickly grasp business workflow and processes.
- Media industry experience. Experience working for or with a cable network channel.
- Working knowledge of proposal and inventory management systems used by national cable networks is highly desirable.
- Travel as necessary – could be up to 50% at times.
- Confident, professional, and effective communicator (both verbally and in written form) that can work with all levels and departments in an organization and get his/her point across in a concise and articulate way.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative client relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to be highly organized and manage client initiatives to completion.
- PMP or Scrum Certifications are highly desirable.
This position will be based in our New York, NY office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary and great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks:
Health insurance, 401(k), options, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, snacks and coffee in the café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!